The Open Water Course is the first step to get certified as a scuba diver.
You will be able to dive independently at a maximum depth of 18 meters worldwide.
We run scuba diving courses in Malta weekly with small groups. The deposit needs to be paid on our website to be able to start the online theory and the dates need to be confirmed by email at email@example.com or by messaging us on our contact page
We recommend doing the theory online before coming to dive with us. You can select from PADI eLearning or SSI eLearning, both certifications are recognized worldwide and are based on the same standards. If you decide to do your scuba diving course with SSI, you can sign in here and select OK Diving Malta as your diving center. In case you prefer PADI as your scuba diving agency, please send us the following information by email and the course will be assigned to you: Name, surname, date of birth, and e-mail address.
- Duration: 3 days (from 8 am to 2 pm approx.)
- Maximum depth: 18 meters
- Requirements: 10 years +. No prior experience is required, just need to have adequate swimming skills.
- What does this course include?
- Access to an online platform and learning materials
- Final exam online (SSI on site)
- 5 theory modules online
- 5 blocks of exercises in confined waters, in a heated swimming pool
- 4 dives in open water (in the sea)
- Transportation to the dive sites in Malta
- Full diving equipment
- Diving insurance
- OK Diving Malta Logbook
- Diving Certification
If you have previously tried the Discover Scuba Diving with us, you are entitled to get a discount on the Open Water Diver certification, since you would have done already some of the required skills. Please contact us for more information.
Please check here the medical questionnaire, in case you would mark yes in any of the questions you will need a medical certificate specific for scuba diving.